Vendor Roster for September 25th
Montavilla Farmers Market vendors take pride in providing a unique, high-quality product that is grown, raised, harvested, gathered or produced locally for our community. We can’t wait to see you at the market!
Is your favorite farmer or producer missing from our lineup? Tell them to apply to be a vendor.
Vendor highlights for September 25th
The pear harvest is in and Kiyokawa Family Orchards has mix and match varieties for you to choose from. Taylor’s Gold has cinnamon colored skin and a floral taste. Bartletts are favorites for eating and also for canning, look for those with a yellow cast to know they’re ripe. Starkcrimsons are jewel red in color and great for eating fresh, but they don’t keep, so enjoy them while you can. The Asian Golden pear is bursting with juice like a pear and crisp like an apple. And give the Cascades a try, despite of their bumpy appearance, you’ll be rewarded with a huge pear that’s sweet and juicy with tender melting flesh.
Every week customers keep discovering that the market offers fresh oysters from Hayes Oyster Company in Tillamook Bay. Jesse can tell you how to shuck them and eat them raw, but he recommends letting steam do the work for you. After steaming you can eat them with your favorite garnishes, or try frying them. Broiling them to make Oysters Rockefeller is a classic!
Mixteca‘s outrageously good blue corn tortillas can be had made to order to take home and feature at your dinnertime taco bar. Fill with peppers and onions from any of the markets’ farms, Three Sisters black bean, pumpkin seed, and corn tempeh from Squirrel and Crow Foods, or go all out and grill a steak or slow cook a pork shoulder from Deck Family Farm.
Glasrai Farm is bringing the tomatoes now. Abundant Fields Farm has wax beans customers are raving about. TbeeS has a limited supply of their mellow pumpkin honey. And Denison Farms can brighten any dish with locally grown ginger, turmeric, and lemon grass.
This is likely your last week to catch Cerigioli Gardens. Come early to get their chicken and duck eggs, learn a thing or two from Tony about how to use mints, rosemary, tarragon and other herbs for your health, and join the ranks of MFM customers who know how to make and enjoy a rabbit or duck for dinner.
Thanks to MFM volunteers, Leslie Sullivan and Nitya Brorson, for this week’s highlights and pictures. Learn how you can volunteer at the market!
Farmers & Orchardists
- Abundant Fields Farm – Certified Naturally Grown
- Amaro’s Produce
- Anahuac Produce
- Baird Family Orchards – Certified Organic (some varieties)
- Cerigioli Gardens
- Crooked Furrow Farm
- Denison Farms – Certified Organic
- Fiddlehead Farm – Certified Organic
- Glasrai Farm (formerly InTownAg)
- Gunkel Orchards
- Kiyokawa Family Orchards – Certified Organic (some varieties)
- Pro Farm
- Simplicity Gardens
- TbeeS Honey
Flower & Starts Growers
- C. Chang Farm
- Sunrise Family Farm (formerly Herr’s Family Farm)
Fishers & Ranchers
(M)eat, (F)ish, (D)airy, (E)ggs
- Cerigioli Gardens (M, E)
- Deck Family Farm (M, E) – Certified Organic (pasture, beef cuts, eggs)
- Hayes Oyster Company (F)
Bakers & Confectionists
- Coley’s Nut Truffles – coming September 18th and October 16th
- Enlighten Your Palate – 2nd and 4th Sundays of the month
- Fressen Artisan Bakery
- Henry Higgins Boiled Bagels
- Sweetheart Bake Shop
Processors & Preservers
- The Hummus Stop
- MeeMee’s Goodies
- Felton and Mary’s Artisan Foods – next dates are Oct 2nd, Nov 20th, and Dec 18th
- Olympia Provisions
- Scratch Meats
- Squirrel and Crow Foods
- Tofuna Fysh
Brewers, Distillers & Vintners
- 2 Towns Ciderhouse – last Sunday of the month
- Eastside Distilling – 3rd Sundays of the month
- House Spirits Distillery – 4th Sundays of the month
- King’s Raven Winery
- Lion Heart Kombucha – on tap at Nectar Cafe Espresso
- Mount Tabor Roastery – next date is September 25th
- Nectar Cafe
- Thomas & Sons Distillery – 2nd Sundays of the month
Vendors who are done for the season
We miss you!
- Albeke Farms
- Fresh Popz
- Frog Meadow Farm
- HupHo Farm
- Liepold Farms
- Lil’ Starts
- Maryhill Fruit Company
- Old House Dahlias
- Rawdacious Desserts
- Sage Hill Farms
- Spice of Africa
- Swell Granola
- Winter’s Baking Company