Join us this Sunday for our first Winter Stock-up market of the season! Our stock-up markets are a great chance to get fresh produce, cheeses, meats, and other goods from local producers. The market will be open from 11am to 1pm, so please stop by!
In addition, we are pleased to announce that we are extending the Everybody Eats food stamp matching program throughout our Winter Stock-up markets. We will offer a $5 match at all of our winter markets!
Below is a list of the vendors for this Sunday, December 9th, and a list of goods they will have available!
- Chicken: Fresh & frozen pastured whole.
- Duck: Fresh pastured whole.
- Turkey: Frozen whole – supply limited.
- Eggs: Dozen – supply limited.
- Salmon: Smoked, vacuum packed, jarred, fresh fall coho.
- Venison: Brats, summer sausage, jerky.
- Specials: Save if you buy two, $10 on smoked salmon, $5 on jars and fresh.
- Beef: Ground, steaks, roasts, bacon, lunch meat(pastrami, roast beef).
- Pork: Ground, roasts, ribs, chops, tenderloin, bacon, lunch meat, sausage (garlic & Italian, smoked, bratwurst, summer).
- Lamb: Ground, steaks, chops, ribs, bacon.
- Goat: Ground, breakfast links.
- Chicken: Roasters.
- Produce: Carrots, kale, squash and possibly garlic.
- Specials: Juicing carrots – $1/lb.
- Produce: Potatoes, onions, leeks, sprouts, kale, beets, carrots, squash.
- Reds: 2009 Marechal Foch, 2010 Pinot Noir.
- Whites: 2011 Reisling, 2011 Gerwurztraminer, 2011 Phoenix.
- Specials: 10% discount if purchase 2 or more bottles.
- Apples: Ambrosia, Braeburn, Cameo, Elstar, Empire, Fuji, Gala, Golden Delicious, Granny Smith, Hanner’ Jumbo, Jonagold, Lady, Mutsu (Crispin), Newtown Pippin, Red Delicious, Sekai Ichi, Sonata, Spokane Beauty, Valstar, Winesap, Honeycrisp, Mt. Rose (Red Flesh)
- Pears: Bosc, Chateau Royale, Comice, D’Anjou Green, D’Anjou Red, Forelle, Packham, Triumph, Seckel,Taylor’s Gold, Shinkeiki-Asian,Yellow Shinko-Asian, Brown Mixed Asians
- Produce: Seasonal vegetables grown with love.
- Cakes: Bouche de noel, groggy nog, sour cherry shortcake.
- Cookies: Tree-shaped sugar, gingerbread men, toffee shortbread, salted chocolate chunk, french macaroons & more.
- Tarts: Chocolate pecan.
- Enlightened Creams: Original, chocolate, pumpkin, cranberry.
- Sweets: Assorted baked goods
- Specials: Gift boxes of fudge & cookies.
- Spreads: Hummus, pimento cheese, onion dip.
- Specials: 3 dips for $12.
- Jelly: Marionberry, boysenberry, butters (apple & pear), cranberry jalapeño, raspberry lemon.
- Jam: Black & blueberry Pinot Noir, spiced apple & rum, plum wine.
- Specials: Buy five, get one free, up to $6 value.
- Honey: Raw wildflower, cinnamon & ginger infused.
- Tincture: Propolis
- Body: Honey sugar scrub, beeswax salves, lip balm – regular & tinted.
- Healing: Honey propolis throat spray, 5 varieties of honey tonic.
- Specials: Gift packages bundle products for savings. Relax honey tonic is sale priced.
- Pork products: Artisanal salumi, fresh sausages, dry cured products.
- Chevre: Oregon, herbs de Provence, sweet fire (marionberry-habañero) & pumpkin stout.
- Cajeta: Goat’s milk caramel.
We’re thrilled to announce a special Thanksgiving edition (if you will) of our Market Chef series! This coming Sunday, Nov. 18th, come see the Country Cat’s own Mike Eels and Daniel Miller of Adalu Stew– both former Market Demo Chefs — join forces and cook up a complete Thanksgiving feast. They’ll be using fantastic produce that our wonderful farmers are bringing in and a turkey from Cerigioli Gardens, as well as turkeys kindly donated specifically for this cause by New Seasons market (a very close second best thing to a local farmers market, as we all know).
The boys will use their super cheffing skills to transform the bounty of the Autumn market into a delicious repast, worthy of every food lovers’ favorite holiday. Starting at 10 am, Mike and Daniel will be demonstrating a new dish every half hour :
10:00 Squash soup
10:30 Celery root and sweet potato gratin & Cranberry Sauce
11:00 Braised brussel sprouts
11:30 Perfect Country Gravy
12:00 Deep Fried Turkey (did you catch that? – DEEP. FRIED. TURKEY. dig it.)
Finally at 1pm, ‘dinner’ is served! Plates heavy with all that marvelous food will be sold at $5 a pop, and 100% of the proceeds will go to support our Everybody Eats program, an incredibly important local outreach program that is so very needed at what for many of our neighbors is a cold, lonely and hungry time of year.
This will be more than just another meal. Mike and Daniel have a high hopes for this puppy, far beyond simply filling bellies and teaching kitchen skills. As Daniel so eloquently describes; “We’re hoping it’ll be much like being in the kitchen all day for a family Thanksgiving; enjoying the food preparation and camaraderie as much as the gustatory experience. The whole idea of the demo, and of Thanksgiving itself, is to be thankful for the bountiful food that is so prevalent here in Oregon, to truly appreciate the food as well as those who grow it. More than simply a cooking demo, Mike and I are hoping to foster the communication between farms, farmers and home cooks. The shared food is our medium.”
Couldn’t have said it better ourselves. See you at the market & Happy Thanksgiving to all!