2012 Lunch and Learn Demos
We are excited to bring back our lunchtime chef demos this season. We’ve got a great lineup of talented local chefs ranging from vegan fare to cheese making and everything in between. Some special demos this year will be the festive Halloween market and an awesome deep fried turkey demo and tasting, complete with stuffing and side dishes at the Thanksgiving market.
Join us at the market each Sunday at noon to learn culinary tips and nutritional insights from many of Portland’s finest chefs! Then shop the market to stock up on fresh produce and goods to recreate their recipes at home. Be sure to check our website each week for a profile on these talented individuals. Here’s the lowdown on our fantastic 2012 schedule!
- June 3rd – Marliese Franklin – Local Chef, radio show host and mindful eating coach
- June 10th – Aaron Adams – Portobello Vegan Trattoria
- June 17th – Sophie Rahman – Masala
- June 24th – Paul Losch – DOC – Fresh Pasta
- July 1st – Christopher Carriker – The Gilt Club
- July 8th – Andrea Nakayama – Replenishpdx – Certified Nutritional Educator
- July 15th – Jason P. McCammon – Culinary Arts Teacher
- July 22nd – Abby Fammartino – Abby’s Table
- July 29th – Claudia Lucero – Urban Cheesecraft – Cheese Making
- August 5th – Eric Joppie – Bar Avaignon
- August 12th – Dax Erickson – Multnomah Athletic Club
- August 19st – Daniel Miller – Adalu Stew. Eating for Cancer Care
- August 26th – Laura Widener – Pastrygirl
- September 2nd – Slow Foods Portland
- September 9th – David Farrell – Cabezon Restaruant and Fish Market
- September 16th – Tressa Yellig – Salt, Fire and Time
- September 23th – Nathan Gerdes – Kask
- September 30th – Julie Merry, The Merry Kitchen – Kids Cooking
- October 7th – Leather Storrs – Noble Rot
- October 14th – Julie Hasson, Native Bowl and Cookbook Author
- October 21rd –Caleb McBee – Skin and Bones
- October 28th – Jason P. McCammon – Culinary Arts Teacher – Special Halloween Market!
- November 18th – Mike Eels – The Country Cat – Deep Fried Turkey, Stuffing and Sides!